The “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction” warning message means that the radar sensor in the front of your vehicle is blocked and cannot properly detect objects ahead. This article is about Front radar obstruction.
Table of Contents
- what is front radar obstruction
- Reasons For Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction
- How To Fix Unavailable Front Radar Obstructions
- Tips for clearing the sensor window and avoiding radar obstruction
- Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction Fix
- Is It Safe To Drive With “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction” Message?
what is front radar obstruction
Front radar obstruction is a condition that occurs when the radar sensor in a vehicle’s front bumper is blocked.
Reasons For Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction
Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction can happen for a number of reasons, including:
Dirt or debris on the sensor window. The radar sensor is located behind the front bumper, and its window can become dirty or blocked with debris, such as snow, ice, or bugs. They cause Front Radar Obstruction.
A thick bumper cover or grille. If your bumper cover or grille is too thick, it can block the radar sensor’s view of the road ahead.
A fault with the radar sensor itself. If the radar sensor is damaged or malfunctioning, it may not be able to detect objects properly.
I can create a table summarizing the information provided for each scenario and its respective fix for radar sensor obstruction issues:
How To Fix Unavailable Front Radar Obstructions
|Scenario||How To Fix||Cost (Approximate)|
|Radar Sensor Obstructed by Bugs, Mud, or Dirt||1. Pull over to a safe location. 2. Place the shift lever in P (Park) and turn off the engine. 3. Clean the sensor region of the front bumper. 4. Restart the engine.||N/A|
|Radar Sensor Obstructed by Inclement Weather||1. Stop the vehicle and clean the sensors. 2. Wait for improved visibility.||N/A|
|Driving on Roads with Limited Road Structures||Turn off FCW, AEB, and ICC systems.||N/A|
|Heavy Paint on the Front Bumper||1. Remove the heavy paint layer from the bumper. 2. Replace the bumper if physically deteriorated.||Cost of paint removal or bumper replacement|
|Faulty Radar Sensor||Replace the radar sensor. Contact the dealer for replacement.||Approx. $1600|
Please note that the cost for heavy paint removal or bumper replacement may vary based on the specific circumstances and location.
Tips for clearing the sensor window and avoiding radar obstruction
Here are some tips for clearing the sensor window and avoiding radar obstruction:
- Clean the sensor window regularly with a damp cloth.
- Be careful not to overtighten the bumper cover or grille screws, as this could warp the plastic and block the radar sensor’s view.
- If you suspect that the radar sensor is faulty, have it inspected by a qualified mechanic.
Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction Fix
Do you want a checklist?
Is It Safe To Drive With “Unavailable Front Radar Obstruction” Message?
- Safety systems relying on the radar sensor are disabled.
- Loss of important collision detection and avoidance features.
- Increased risk of accidents or collisions.
- Reduced ability to detect and respond to obstacles or vehicles.
- Potential compromise of adaptive cruise control and automatic emergency braking.
- Dependence on these safety systems for optimal driving safety.
Always prioritize your safety and the safety of others by addressing and resolving any warnings or issues related to important safety components in your vehicle.
forward emergency braking system unavailable front radar obstruction
what does front radar obstruction mean
front radar obstruction meaning
unavailable front radar obstruction nissan
unavailable front radar obstruction meaning
unavailable front radar obstruction fix
how to turn off front radar obstruction
nissan unavailable side radar obstruction
front radar obstruction nissan altima