The Right Water Pump
When it comes to ensuring your Nissan/Datsun Altima’s engine stays cool, selecting the right water pump is crucial. With various options available, understanding your choices is essential.
Valucraft Water Pumps
Valucraft offers a range of water pumps for Nissan/Datsun Altima, including the AVC-9276, AVC-9350, and AVC-898. These pumps come with a 1-year warranty, ensuring reliability. Prices range from $34.99 to $59.99, catering to different budget preferences.
Duralast Water Pumps
Duralast provides premium options with limited lifetime warranties. Models such as US8104, US8105, AWP-2614, AWP-9350, AWP-9276, AWP-2140, and AWP-898 are available, ranging from $66.49 to $111.99. Investing in a Duralast water pump guarantees long-term performance.
Duralast Gold Water Pump
For those seeking a balance of quality and affordability, the Duralast Gold Water Pump A9350-DLG, priced at $75.99, comes with a 1-year warranty.
Making Your Purchase
To make the buying process convenient, select your preferred water pump online and enjoy the option to pick it up in-store. Ensure an exact fit for your Nissan/Datsun Altima by providing accurate details about your vehicle.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Now that you have chosen the right water pump, follow this step-by-step guide to replace the water pump in your 1997 Nissan Altima.
Disconnect and Prepare
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the upper radiator and accessory drive belts.
Access and Removal
- Remove the alternator and place a floor jack beneath the engine oil pan.
- Raise the engine slightly and remove the passenger’s side engine mount.
- Unfasten the attaching bolts and carefully remove the existing water pump.
- Ensure all gasket surfaces are clean and apply a continuous bead of liquid gasket to the water pump mounting surface.
- Install the new pump, tightening the 6mm bolts to 57-66 inch lbs. and the 8mm bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs.
- Install the water pump pulley and the passenger’s side engine mount.
- Reinstall the alternator and accessory drive belts.
- Install the upper radiator.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for any leaks.