P1564 Nissan – Ascd Steering Switch Location
The P1564 Nissan – Ascd Steering Switch location is crucial for understanding and troubleshooting steering-related issues in your Nissan vehicle. Located on the left side of the vehicle, just below the dashboard, the three-position switch controls the power steering system. The positions include “off,” “auto,” and “on.” In “off” mode, power steering is disabled, while “auto” mode requires manual steering, and “on” mode enables fully assisted steering.
Symptoms of a P1564 Nissan – Ascd Steering Switch Location Issue
If you’re facing steering problems, the culprit might be the Ascd Steering Switch. Situated in the driver’s side door jam, this switch is responsible for disabling the anti-skid system when the door is open. Failure of this switch can lead to traction loss while driving, making steering challenging. To check, turn off the power to the switch by pulling the fuse under the dash. If issues persist, consult a mechanic for a thorough inspection.
Checking the Ascd Steering Switch for Issues
- Inspect the Steering Column: Examine the steering column for signs of damage or wear.
- Check Wiring Harnesses: Inspect the wiring harnesses connecting the Ascd Steering Switch to other components. Frayed or compromised wires may indicate a problem.
- Test Drive: Drive the Nissan and observe any changes in handling. If there are noticeable issues, the Ascd Steering Switch might need replacement.
P1564 Nissan Code – ASCD Steering Switch
Possible Causes of the P1564 Nissan Code
Understanding the potential causes of the P1564 Nissan Code is essential for effective diagnosis. The following factors could contribute to this code:
- Faulty ASCD Steering Switch
- Open or shorted ASCD Steering Switch harness
- Poor electrical connection in the ASCD Steering Switch circuit
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Tech Notes on Code P1564 Nissan
It’s crucial to visually inspect the wiring harness and connectors related to the ASCD Steering Switch. Look for damaged components and check for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector pins.
Cost to Diagnose and Possible Symptoms
The cost to diagnose the P1564 Nissan code is typically 1.0 hour of labor. Auto repair shops charge varying rates, generally between $75 and $150 per hour. Symptoms of this code include the Engine Light ON or the Service Engine Soon Warning Light, with potential issues in the Automatic Speed Control (Cruise Control) system.
Meaning of the P1564 Nissan Code
The P1564 Nissan Code indicates variant values of electrical resistance in the Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) (Cruise Control) steering switch. The Engine Control Module (ECM) reads these variations to determine the operated button. The code is triggered when an improper voltage signal from the switch reaches the ECM.