If you are experiencing issues with your Nissan Altima, particularly concerning the B1134 code and the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) light flashing, it indicates a potential problem with the left-hand side impact airbag module or the SRS explosive detonator circuit. This problem is prevalent in Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured between the years 2005 and 2020.
Identifying the Issue
B1134 Code Meaning
The B1134 code is a specific Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) related to the SRS system. In simple terms, it suggests that the circuit for the left-hand (driver’s) side airbag module is open. This could mean that the airbag on the driver’s side is internally open or that there is an issue with the wiring from the airbag to the module.
Troubleshooting and Solutions
Article 1: Resetting the Airbag Module
If you find yourself facing the B1134 code and the accompanying SRS light, you have two primary options to address the issue:
- Airbag Module Replacement:
- This is a costly solution but an effective one. Replacing the airbag module is a standard procedure, but it comes with a significant price tag.
- Airbag Module Reset:
- A more budget-friendly alternative is to opt for an airbag module reset service. SafetyRestore.com offers a nationwide service for just $49.99, providing a quick turnaround time of 24 hours and a lifetime guarantee. The process involves purchasing the reset service, removing the airbag module, and shipping it to SafetyRestore.com for resetting.
Article 2: DIY Inspection
For those inclined to tackle the issue themselves, a hands-on approach can be taken:
- Seat Wiring Inspection:
- The wiring under the seat, as well as the connector, should be examined for any visible issues. In the case described in Article 2, the wiring under the seat appears fine, and the seatbelt latch is functioning correctly.
- Module Inspection:
- DIY enthusiasts can unzip the seat back cover to inspect the airbag module. In the described scenario, the bottom of the module seems to have a cover issue where the wiring enters.