Because of its low cost-of-living and low tax burden, Tennessee is considered the third best state to retirees. Tennessee is also known as “The Volunteer State”. It has great schools and a rich culture, making it attractive to young people who want to start a family. It’s not surprising that Tennessee is attracting more people with its booming economy, beautiful views, and long-running festivals.
Average cost to build a house
Costs to build a house are affected by many factors, including size, location, labor costs, and current real estate trends. It is impossible to give a single answer that will be accurate. Let’s look closer at how costs could look based on factors such as size and where you live.
It costs just over $485,000. This estimate is based upon a 2,600-square-foot single-family home.
Construction costs per square foot
Total Home Construction Cost Range: $130.97 – $523.88 per square foot
For a simple craftsman-style home, the cost per square foot to build a Tennessee house would be $ 130.97. High-end luxury homes will run $523.88.
Mid-Range Home Prices: $163.71 to $360.17 Per Square Foot
Tennessee is home to many cottage-style homes. This home will cost you $302,540, but could run up to $665,589 depending upon the finishes.
Craftsman Bungalow: $130.97 – $163.71 per square foot
The average Tennessee home is 1,848 sq. feet. This means that construction costs can range from $242,032 up to $302,540.
Construction Cost Per Square Foot in Various Cities of Tennessee
The average construction cost in Tennessee is lower than the average cost per sq foot. It ranges from $106 to $114.
The Factors That Influence Nashville’s Home Construction Cost
House builders will give you an estimate that takes into account many factors that could increase or decrease your project’s cost. The type of work needed, the lot configuration and the quality of the construction will all affect the pricing of your home-building project. These are some things to remember:
Prices may be lower if you:
- You choose standard building materials.
- Pre-designed plans can be used and only minor changes are required.
- It is simple to build the whole thing
- The roof can be either a simple hip or gable.
- The property is located in a city with a lower cost of living.
- Local building ordinances may be less restrictive.
- The builder wants to construct multiple houses in one neighborhood.
- You would like to build a single-story house.
Prices may rise if you:
- This property is located in a highly-priced area.
- There is a lot of work to be done by local builders.
- Complex roof with many valleys and ridges.
- You would like a patio, deck, or pool.
- It is not easy to take the whole thing.
- High-end finishes and materials are available.
- The house was custom-designed.
- Local building regulations are stricter.
- This house has multiple stories.