When you encounter routine maintenance or replacements such as a fresh battery for your Honda, you will likely have to reset your car’s radio system. Fortunately, this is a straightforward solution. You can either press and hold the radio button to initiate a reset, or you can retrieve your Honda radio code and manually input it to regain access to your car’s audio system. However, you might be pondering: “How can I retrieve my Honda radio codes?” Wesley Chapel Honda is here to demonstrate how to easily acquire your Honda radio code so that you can enjoy the numerous capabilities it offers on Land O’ Lakes roads.
Acquiring Your Honda Radio Code
Whether you require the Honda radio code for your Accord or Civic sedan, or you need to find it for your CR-V SUV or Pilot crossover, you can conveniently obtain vehicle radio codes for any Honda model or configuration by following the subsequent steps:
- Examine your glovebox where the radio code is affixed on a label placed inside, or the code may be situated within your vehicle owner’s manual. Your Honda radio code will also feature a specific serial number, along with equivalent details for your Honda Navigation system.
- You can retrieve your Honda radio code online via the official Honda website. To obtain the code online, simply enter your customer information, such as your zip code, phone number, email address, VIN number (located on a sticker on the driver’s side door), and radio serial number. Subsequently, the code will be dispatched to you within minutes.
- Should you require assistance in obtaining your code, your local Honda dealer service center, like Wesley Chapel Honda, has a team of certified technicians who can swiftly procure your Honda radio code for you.
Inputting Your Honda Radio Code
Once you have acquired the Honda radio code specific to your trim, the following steps need to be taken:
- Follow the reset prompt displayed on your vehicle’s screen.
- Input the five-digit Honda radio code using the radio preset buttons.
- Subsequently, you will regain access to your car’s audio system, in addition to various vehicle settings and controls.
Why Does My Honda CRV Request a Code?
Your Honda CRV is designed to secure its radio when the vehicle’s battery has been disconnected. This security feature prevents the unauthorized use of the radio in the event of theft or disconnection from power. To unlock it, you must enter the unique anti-theft radio code specific to your car. While this code is occasionally found in the owner’s manual located in the glove box, it is frequently unavailable after the vehicle has been sold. Typically, you would need to visit a Honda dealer, which often charges $100 for a radio reset. Fortunately, a more convenient method exists. You can save both time and money by unlocking your Honda radio online.
How to Retrieve Your Honda CRV Radio Code
Step 1 – Locate Your Vehicle’s VIN Number
The radio code for your CRV is linked to your vehicle’s VIN number. To locate your VIN, inspect the label situated inside the driver’s side door jamb. Alternatively, it can be found at the base of the windshield or on your vehicle registration. It consists of a sequence of 17 characters and numbers that uniquely identifies your Honda CRV.
Step 2 – Retrieve Your Radio’s Serial Number
There are two methods for obtaining your radio’s serial number:
Option 1: Find the radio’s serial number on the display:
Option 2: Discover the serial number on the radio sticker:
In the event that option 1 proves ineffective, you can find your serial number on the sticker affixed to the side of the radio unit. To do this, you will need to remove the stereo unit from the dashboard, which can be accomplished using common tools like a flathead screwdriver or a blunt knife. The serial number, consisting of eight digits, can be found on the label.
Pro tip: Capture a photo of the radio unit’s serial number. It may prove useful for troubleshooting at a later time.
Step 3 – Generate Your Radio Code
Upon obtaining your Honda CRV’s serial number, you must generate your radio code by following these steps:
- Access the website unlockcarstereo.com/product/honda
- Input your VIN number, eight-digit serial number, and your Honda model in the designated fields at the top of the page.
- Select “Get Radio Code.”
- Your Honda radio code will be promptly delivered to your email inbox.
Got Your Serial Number? Click here to obtain your Honda radio code
Get Radio Code
Step 4 – How to Input Your Radio Code
To input your Honda radio code, adhere to the following steps:
- Turn on your vehicle and the stereo.
- The radio’s display should indicate “Enter Code.”
- Employ the radio preset buttons from 1 to 6 to input your Honda radio code. Please note that all Honda radio codes consist of five digits and only include the numbers 1 through 6.
For instance, for a radio code like 12113, you would input it as follows:
- Use Preset Button 1 for the first digit of the radio code.
- Utilize Preset Button 2 for the second digit of the radio code.
- Depict the third digit of the radio code using Preset Button 1.
- Use Preset Button 1 for the fourth digit of the radio code.
- Employ Preset Button 3 for the fifth digit of the radio code.
Once you have successfully input your Honda radio code, the stereo will emit a brief beep and initiate operation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I reset my Honda CRV radio without the code?
- How do I enter the radio code on a Honda CRV?
- What should I do when my Honda Radio displays “Enter Code”?
- Why is my radio code not functioning?
- What steps should I take if I encounter an error “e”?
How to Retrieve the Radio Code for Honda CRV
- Check the glove box or owner’s manual.
- Press and hold radio preset buttons (for 2001 or newer Honda CR-Vs).
- Remove the radio assembly from the dashboard (2001 models or older).